A presentation is a good way to convey piece of information, usually in the form of an outline, to a large audience, Generally, computerized presentations are appealing to users because these are easy to create, edit and generally small enough to fit onto a CD or a USB Drive.
Presentations consist of a number of individual pages called “Slides”. Slides may contain text, graphics, movies, and other objects, which may be arranged freely. So, a presentation is a combination of slides, handouts, notes, and outlines all in one file. You can add text, graphics photos, clip art, sound and video to your slides.
A presentation is any kind of a interaction between speaker and audience, but it usually involves one or more of the following visual aids: LCD projectors, computer-based slides, handouts, and speaker notes.
The presentation can be printed or even displayed live on a computer. For larger audiences the computer display is often projected using a video projector.
Microsoft PowerPoint is a closed source commercial presentation program developed by Microsoft. It is part of the Microsoft office suite, PowerPoint is the presentation graphics software. It allows you to create dynamic presentations using its easy-to-use, predefined layouts and templates.
Microsoft PowerPoint is a professional presentation program that allows the user to create “presentation slides” that can be displayed on the computer screen or through a projector that is plugged in to the computer.
There are three main functions within PowerPoint presentation software: creation, editing, and presentation. The functionality provided in this tool interacts seamlessly with all other Microsoft Office applications. This gives the user the ability to copy and paste text and images from other documents and quickly incorporates them into a presentation.
Benefits of PowerPoint
PowerPoint is the most popular presentation software used to design dynamic and easy to use presentation. Today, PowerPoint presentations in man forms, styles and custom layouts are used b working professionals, academics, students, medical practitioners and others to displays data and information in a visual manner. Some of the key benefits of PowerPoint are:
1. PowerPoint allows yo o use images, audio and video to have a greater visual impact. Making your presentation more interesting focus.
2. PowerPoint allows you to work with other people in a collaborative manner. Multiple people can work together on a presentation and contribute to presentation.
3. PowerPoint can be used in a number of different effective ways to communicate with audience.
4. Easy to create colorful and attractive presentations using the standard templates and themes.
5. PowerPoint presentations are used by professor and teachers to add value to their lectures and notes. Students use PowerPoint slides and presentations to enrich their assignments, projects and other coursework submissions.