Spreadsheet and its Business Applications
A spreadsheet is a document that stores data in a grid of horizontal rows and vertical columns. Rows are typically labeled using number (1,2,3,) while columns are labeled with letters (a,b,c) Individual columns locations, such as C3 or B12, are referred to as cells. In a spreadsheet application, each value sits in a cell. The relationships between cells are called formulas, and the names of the cells are called labels.
Once you have defined the cells and the formulas for linking them together, you an enter your data. You an then modify selected values to see how al the other values change accordingly.
Most spreadsheet applications are multidimensional, meaning that you can link one spreadsheet to another. A three-dimensional spreadsheet, for example, is like a stack of spreadsheets all connected by formulas. A change made in one spreadsheet automatically affects other spreadsheets. The most popular examples of this type of software are Lotus, MS-Excel.
Features of Spreadsheet
Spreadsheet software provides all the features you need to create a professional looking spreadsheet. Some of the main features of a spreadsheet program are :
1. It provides a standard grid, which may be scrolled and zoomed. Text, numeric or date values or formulas may be entered into the selected ell through the formula bar at the top of the screen.
2. Cells may be formatted using the format pages, which let you specify the font styles, borders, text and background colors, the six of cells and text alignment within the cells.
3. Spreadsheet provides support for multiple sheets thin a workbook When you press the worksheet button worksheets are presented in a horizontally scroll able page allowing you to quickly flick between all the worksheets in the workbook.
4. A worksheet may be selected simply be tapping on it. You can create new worksheets and delete or rename existing worksheets.
5. Spreadsheet provides the ability to search the worksheet for any phrase, number or other text, letting you easily scroll between search results. It is also possible to sort a range of ells by a row of column.
6. Spreadsheet supports a variety of functions used to perform basic calculations based on parameters set by the user.
7. Spreadsheet can be integrated for use with other software programs. One example is a mail merge. A spreadsheet can be created with the names and addresses of various individuals, and a mail merge can be used to fill in text boxes into form letters.
8. Data in spreadsheet can be displayed in a graphic form. Spreadsheets allow the numerical data in the cells to be displayed as a graph or chart.